Re: Gigabyte MP30-AR1 sd card image

Hi Eric,

Can someone take an image of the stock sd card on this machine? I have the machine but someone has previously removed the sd card and I've had no luck at all getting anything installed on the system. I've done lots of googling but nothing has worked. Or some other way to get ubuntu or debian on this thing would be appreciated as well.

I'm the author of the web page that Paul linked to.

It definitely sounds like you have the older -AR0 board with U-Boot.
I don't know exactly what you have to do install Debian on that.
It might be possible to install the -AR1's UEFI, as Paul suggests in
his second email, but if I were you I'd be more tempted to try
TianoCore because the Gigabyte EFI is so awful; I know that others did
this before the -AR1 was released.

Anyway, once you have one UEFI or the other you should be able to
start the Debian installer from a USB flash drive or similar.  There's
a good chance it will work once you get to that point.

To answer your actual question: I didn't get an SD card with my board
nor have I ever heard any mention of one.

Good luck.

Regards, Phil.