Re: arm64 support?

Well, that's why I stick with Pis, because they're easy and fast
enough.  You could look into debootstrap
https://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap if you feel like an adventure.  I
did it once on a phone.  Or maybe you should use cdebootstrap
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=cdebootstrap

Drivers for specific hardware will probably be an issue with the
Rockchips unless they're now available from Debian.  Maybe you can add
a Rockchip repository to your /etc/apt/sources.list or enter it as
part of the installation process.

I think you just choose arm64 by using the --arch=ARCH option when you
start debootstrap.

I don't know of a ready to go image, sorry.

On 1/21/18, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> Greetings folks;
>
> I asked about arm64 support about a month back and basically got a not
> much answer. I have a pair of the 4GB rockchip rock64's that I'd love to
> replace a pi3b with.
>
> I tried to update the kernel from one of ayufan's repo's yesterday,
> seeing an initramfs error go by as it was being updated, and bricked
> that sd card, getting several kernel panic reports as it fails to boot
> now.
>
> So I am wondering where I should go looking for an arm64 image to install
> if there actually is one now?
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX
Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach