Re: debian installer on arm64

Hi Steve,

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018, Steve McIntyre wrote:
On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 07:59:14PM +0100, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
am I right that this U-Boot stumbles over partition id 0xef of the second
partition of the installer iso?

?? Not sure what you mean...

the iso images of the netinst arm64 debian installer have two partitions, one of type 83 (= Linux) and one of type ef (= EFI (FAT-12/16/32)). The U-Boot in the Macchiatobin SPI flash can access files on partitions of type 83 and 6 with ext4load and fatload. So I assume that it just stumbles over the efi partition due to a simple id mismatch. If this is the case one could directly start from the usb debian installer without first having to boot the EDK2 image from the sd card.
Does that make sense to you?

Sorry, no. How old/used is the USB drive?

Oh, this USB stick is rather old. A different one doesn't boot at all, but an USB3 SD card reader seems to work now.

  Thorsten