Re: Migrate a SD card from olinuxino lime to lime2 ?

On Wed, Jan 03, 2018 at 08:00:44PM +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> I'm going to upgrade my trusty olinuxino A20 lime to a lime2
> board.  Both board have to NAND or MMC memory and the kernel is
> installed on a SD card.
>
> To avoid a re-install from scratch, I'd like to re-use Sd card
> of the lime board in the new lime2 board.
>
> Is is possible to use flash-kernel on the old board to setup
> the SD card for the new board ?
>
> I was thinking of:
> - running the following command on the old lime card:
>   FK_MACHINE="Olimex A20-OLinuXino-LIME2" flash-kernel
> - move the SD card in the lime2 board
> - boot the lime2 board and voilà...
>
> Did I miss something ?

>From the flash-kernel point of view this approach should work,
but in addition to that you would also need to replace the u-boot
on the SD card with a u-boot built for the LIME2 as the u-boot
binary is platform-specific.  To write the new u-boot, perform
the following steps:

$ sudo apt-get install u-boot-sunxi
$ sudo dd if=/usr/lib/u-boot/A20-OLinuXino-Lime2/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin bs=1k seek=8 of=/dev/mmcblk0

I'd recommend making an image backup of the SD card before
performing the steps outlined above, just in case something
goes wrong.

HTH,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der