Re: 0ad FTBFS on arm64: help expected

On 11/29/2017 05:25 PM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
0ad has its own list of patches above mozjs 38.2.1. See http://sources.debian.net/src/0ad/0.0.21-2/libraries/source/spidermonkey/

Those all look like pure build fixes. It should be possible to use the
Debian-packaged version of mozjs. The current version is mozjs52, using
any earlier version is also potentially dangerous because the version
is out of security support.

I have no idea if the official mozjs packaged in Debian can be used instead.
That is something that could be experimented and it is on my TODO list.
I just maintain the 0ad package since 2 months.

Then it's time to find out :).

Maybe the best next step is to use the Debian packaged mozjs and get support of arm64 for free.

That's my point. If you use Debian's version, you don't have to worry about
mozjs52 being broken. Other maintainers will take care of the package.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz