Re: how to distinguish armel and armhf at runtime?

Yeah, and cat /proc/cpuinfo doesn't really help much either.  I don't
suppose it's kosher to look at some file names in
/var/cache/apt/archives.  I had that problem with a phone I installed
Debian on a couple years ago.  Finally gave up and left it armel when
I could have gone to armhf (I think).

There are some ideas at
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20873 but I just
googled https://www.google.com/search?q=gcc+armhf+armel&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

--
No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX