Re: How can I use the r-pi 3b's bluetooth facilities for local keyboard/mouse

Oh, it works so well I never use it. :)  But you should be able to
find or enable a Bluetooth applet that brings up some GUI controls.
And there are services/daemons as well.  Look for that blue icon at
bottom left in this GIF, the red X in mine is because it's off.

I had great hopes for it which didn't work out.  There's Bluetooth,
then there's Bluetooth Low Energy or BLE.  They're like 2 mostly
incompatible standards.  A few devices can do both.  BLE is radical in
that it only transmits when there's data to send, unlike WiFi which
essentially keeps a carrier on all the time.  Play around with
whatever Android devices you've got as well, the more the merrier.
They can enhance your picture of what's talking to what.  I've seen
Bluetooth headsets and keyboards.  I have a gizmo that plugs into a
car's diagnostic connector and talks to an Android app.  But I haven't
tried to use it for anything in like a year.  And you can't use
existing wired keyboards and mice, you have to get Bluetooth ones.

As far as extending the antenna, I don't think you can get to it, it's
under the CPU from what I've read.

On 8/22/17, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> What I want to do is bypass the data losing botteneck of using the usb
> dongles that came with the keyboar and mouse, and the data losses
> encountered by its shareing of the usb2 data path, by putting the local
> keyboard and mouse data into the pi thru the bluetooth facility, which
> I've read bypasses the usb2 bottleneck that results in missed keyboard
> and mouse events in wholesale quantities.
>
> I realise I may have to rig some sort of a relaying antenna in order to
> get a usable signal into the pi's otherwise well shielded location, but
> as a C.E.T., I ought to be able to rig something that would work. The
> straight line distance is about 5 feet maximim.
>
> The missed keybpard events problem is a serious problem when you are
> moving a 3/4 ton metal lathe around and the keyup event is missed
> leaving it moving at the selected speed, when it should have been
> stopped a fraction of a millisecond after lifting the finger off the
> movement key.
>
> So far I have only played with bluetoothctl, which cannot discover the in
> use keyboard/mouse, presumably because they are already paired?  This is
> what I can see so far:
>
> [bluetooth]# show
> Controller 43:43:A1:12:1F:AC
> 	Name: picnc
> 	Alias: picnc
> 	Class: 0x000000
> 	Powered: yes
> 	Discoverable: no
> 	Pairable: yes
> 	UUID: PnP Information           (00001200-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
> 	UUID: Generic Access Profile    (00001800-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
> 	UUID: Generic Attribute Profile (00001801-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
> 	UUID: A/V Remote Control        (0000110e-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
> 	UUID: A/V Remote Control Target (0000110c-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb)
> 	Modalias: usb:v1D6Bp0246d0517
> 	Discovering: yes
>
> Whats next?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX
Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach