Re: sshfs failure

On Saturday 12 August 2017 05:18:20 Christian Knoke wrote:

> Gene Heskett schrieb am 12. Aug um 00:53 Uhr:
> > ssh works fine, its sshfs that isn't. It was working in June or
> > early july,  now it replies:
> > gene@coyote:/etc$ sshfs -o pi@picnc:/ /sshnet/picnc
> > missing host
> > see `sshfs -h' for usage
>
> check names and name resolving, use a FQDN, cat /etc/resolv.conf
> /etc/hosts and check if the dhcp daemon is running. Try using IP
> instead.
>
> Christian

The IP in place of FQDN or alias thereof, works:

gene@coyote:/etc$ sshfs pi@192.168.71.12:/ /sshnet/picnc
pi@192.168.71.12's password:
gene@coyote:/etc$ ls /sshnet/picnc
bin   debian-binary  etc                     home  lost+found  mnt  proc
run   srv     sys  usr
boot  dev            GenesAmandaHelper-0.61  lib   media       opt  root
sbin  sshnet  tmp  var

Maybe I need to reboot this machine, uptime is 46 days.

Thanks Christian
.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)