Re: Qnap TS-109 II Status light flashing, no LAN LED

On Sun, 2017-07-30 at 19:46 +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * gestos@ftp83plus.net <gestos@ftp83plus.net> [2017-07-29 12:29]:
> > I just installed Debian on a Qnap Ts-109 II. I followed these
> > isntructions , but now the Status LED is flashing red and green,
> > and
> > the LAN LED is off. The NAS appears to be working, though.
> > Unlike my previous attempt in September 2016, it doesn't beep
> > anymore to complain about an absent fan failing.
>
> On some of the Orion-based devices (like the TS-109 II), qcontrol
> doesn't seem to work at all anymore.  I didn't find time to
> investigate that.

qcontrol has a bug on systemd based systems:
In short the rcS.d scripts aren't run even with LSB compat stuff (which
 only covers rc«N».d). There are some system units in the source but
they aren't packaged (and IIRC don't work as things stand).

I've been meaning to sort this out for ages but never got around to it.
My qnap systems are all running sysvinit.

Ian.