Re: piclone needs "blank" sd card.

On 17/06/17 18:00, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

All i/o options in piclone are ghosted.  The help says it wants a blank
sd card.  How it this accomplished if piclone has attempted to use it
previously and it contains week old non-precious data?  Is it sufficient
to wipe out the GPT partition table with dd using 20k worth
of /dev/zero? I'm concerned that might wipe out the card totally.

I have no reason to believe that dd can damage a card.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk