Re: armhf current clock speed? big secret, very high vacuum

On Saturday 08 April 2017 10:08:57 Alan Corey wrote:

> I just hover my mouse over the little CPU icon in the taskbar next to
> the clock and a little popup tells me it's running at 1200 MHz.  It's
> in the LXpanel applets as "CPU Usage Monitor", there's also
> "Temperature Monitor" and "CPUFreq frontend".

Can't find the  latter two at all.  And apt says it is all uptodate.

I installed a pocketfull of cpu things that made no diff in what cpu
monitor, next to the clock reports, it rather stubbornly refuses to show
me anything but the average loading.  And it was rebooted to test for
effects after every package I installed, cpufreqd, cpufreqtools and one
other I already forgot.  And I can't find a config file for it.  Is
there supposed to be one for cpu usage monitor?

Thanks for trying to help, Alan, I apprecite it.

> On 4/8/17, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 9:42 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> Is that the only control we have? And how much faster before forced
> >> air cooling is needed? I'm thinking 1000 might help with an spi
> >> problem. Its not heating the stick on radiators more than 20F over
> >> ambient now.
> >
> > I don't have an RPi to find out if any of it works but I found this:
> >
> > https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/1219/how-do-i-determ
> >ine-the-current-mhz
> >
> > --
> > bye,