Re: Build issues for trafficserver on armel

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Jean Baptiste Favre wrote:

> Problem is located in file plugins/header_rewrite/lulu.h and more
> specificaly in lines 51 & 52.

That looks like this:

// Memory barriers
#elif defined(__arm__)
#define mb() __asm__ __volatile__("dmb" : : : "memory")
#define rmb() __asm__ __volatile__("dmb" : : : "memory")
#define wmb() __asm__ __volatile__("" : : : "memory")

Doing a codesearch finds some more implementations of this sort of
thing. The very first one reveals that GCC seems to have some built-in
stuff for memory barriers, but if you look through all the
implementations there might be one specifically for armel.

https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=__asm__.*dmb

> As far as I understand ARM, 'dmb' instruction has been introduced in
> ARMv7 [2] while Debian armel uses ARMv5 [3].

Debian armel is ARMv4t not ARMv5.

> Upstream doesn't support officialy 32bits builds anymore, so fixing this
> error could reveal others, but I think it's worth a try.

ARMv7 is 32-bit too btw.

--
bye,
pabs