Re: screen snapshot utility needed on an r-pi 3b running jessie

I use xwd, on Debian type stuff you have to add the "retro" X Windows
stuff to get it.  Works in the BSDs, most things just fine.  I'm
writing this on a Pi 3b, very useful little boxes.

I define this alias in my bashrc or whereever.  I just type snap into
some free terminal emulator then I have 10 seconds to get the screen
arranged picture perfect.  In some situations it beeps at the end of
the 10 seconds.  I never tried assigning it to a key.

  alias snap='sleep 10 ; xwd -root -out /tmp/snap.xwd'

Then I do 'gimp /tmp/snap.xwd' because I usually want to crop anyway.

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX