Re: screen snapshot utility needed on an r-pi 3b running jessie

On Monday 02 January 2017 08:13:17 Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 02:13:17AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings folks, new to the list, with 2 problems.
> >
> > 1. Need a snapshot utility like this x86 wheezy install has. What it
> > its name if it exists. Using LXDE if that's important.
> >
> > 2. Whats the magic recipe to enable AIGLX rendering on the r-pi
> > 3b's?
> >
> > Thank you all.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
> > --
> > -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
>
> Gene,
>
> Please post the output of
>
> cat /etc/os-release
>
> and
>
> cat /etc/debian_version
>
> If you're running Raspbian, this list can't necessarily help you -
> Respbian is a Debian derivative and has its own support forums.

ISTR I do have some raspian stuff on my HD here, but raspian has
self-destructed 3 or 4 times for my purposes as it replaced the special
rt-preempt kernel it takes to run LinuxCNC.  It will be controlling a
converted 11x36 Sheldon lathe, but its looking like I am not going to be
able to use cheap, switchmode power supplies for the motors. Too much
radiated noise, screws with the 32megabaud SPI interface.  Filters help,
but the noise extends to well above 100MHz, and an 8 inch long
interconnection bus makes a heck of a good antenna. A 7 foot shielded
cable out to the spindle encoder picks up several volts of this crap the
switchers make.

The other problem is forums & all the passwd's to remember, something I
can no longer do, short term memory isn't so good at 82. A mailing list
Just Works(TM) for me.

> There are a couple of HOWTOs on how to bind the PrtSc key to Scrot
> which is a screenshot utility

I'd be happy if it just installed itself into a menu. I didn't know its
name, but now I know what to send apt off to install.  Thank you.

> Use a search engine for LXDE screenshot scrot and you should find
> something appropriate.

I'll do that if apt can't find it in the sources.list repo's.

> Hope this helps,
>
> Andy C

It might Andy. It's BC time here, and its either crashed or turned off
when I left last night, my ssh login has died. BC=Before Coffee, but its
brewing.

Thank you again.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)