Re: Debian on Jetson TK1

On 2016-07-19 19:22 +0100, Wookey wrote:
> On 2016-07-19 11:07 -0700, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> [2016-07-19 18:51]:
> > > I tried putting in the new debian u-boot as documented on https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/NVIDIA/Jetson-TK1
> > >
> > > sudo ./flash.sh -L ../tmp/usr/lib/u-boot/jetson-tk1/u-boot-dtb-tegra.bin -S 14580MiB jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1
> > >
> > > (i.e to internal flash, not SD card), and all I got was a bricked
> > > board that won't boot at all.
> > >
> > > So that's dull.
> >
> > Did you use R19.3?  Newer versions don't work.
>
> No. I have R21.4. So the flash script/config file in the newer ones
> can't flash a working uboot binary? Seems like it ought to be possible
> to make it, (given that it can flash the uboot.bin it comes with) but one
> would have to work out exactly what changed.
>
> Guess I'll try the old one.

OK. after some faffage I have determined that you are right, and using
the flash.sh script/config in R19.3 does indeed flash the debian uboot
binary in a way that boots, unlike the R21.4 script/config. It would
be good to get to the bottom of that.

> > > But whilst this was fine with debian kernel 4.5, intalling 4.6 made it
> > > fail to boot. See
> > > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=827557 for details.
> >
> > This is the http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.tegra/26941
> > issue I mentioned.  I'll respond to the bug soon.
>
> OK. Confirming that was why I was trying to change my (otherwise working fine) uboot...

And indeed, I have also confirmed that a) the stretch-alpha7 di works
nicely, and with the Debian uboot in place the 4.6 kernel boots rather
than hangs.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/