Re: Debian on Jetson TK1

On 2016-07-19 11:07 -0700, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> [2016-07-19 18:51]:
> > I tried putting in the new debian u-boot as documented on https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/NVIDIA/Jetson-TK1
> >
> > sudo ./flash.sh -L ../tmp/usr/lib/u-boot/jetson-tk1/u-boot-dtb-tegra.bin -S 14580MiB jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1
> >
> > (i.e to internal flash, not SD card), and all I got was a bricked
> > board that won't boot at all.
> >
> > So that's dull.
>
> Did you use R19.3?  Newer versions don't work.

No. I have R21.4. So the flash script/config file in the newer ones
can't flash a working uboot binary? Seems like it ought to be possible
to make it, (given that it can flash the uboot.bin it comes with) but one
would have to work out exactly what changed.

Guess I'll try the old one.

> > But whilst this was fine with debian kernel 4.5, intalling 4.6 made it
> > fail to boot. See
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=827557 for details.
>
> This is the http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.tegra/26941
> issue I mentioned.  I'll respond to the bug soon.

OK. Confirming that was why I was trying to change my (otherwise working fine) uboot...

Thanks for the quick response.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/