Re: affordable arm boards with plenty of ram.

Hello,

On 05/19/2016 01:43 PM, peter green wrote:
> I'm looking for an arm board/box to add to my collection of buildboxes.
>
> Critera (in roughly descending order of importance):
>
> Reasonablly affordable (upper limit ~£200)
> As much ram as possible.
> Plenty of CPU power would be nice.
> A good storage interface (in order of preference SATA is better than
> USB3 which is better than USB2).
> Support in Debian kernels would be nice.
> arm64 support would be nice.
>
> Currently looking at the cubox i4x4. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I don't have something constructive to say, only a quick note, that the
i.MX6 isn't that good on ethernet performance. According to ERR004512 in
http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/errata/IMX6DQCE.pdf the
network core can reach only (theoretically) 470 Mbps. Probably not a
problem for most scenarios, but something worth to know beforehand.

Best regards
Uwe