Re: ODROID-C2

On Fri, 2016-05-06 at 19:59, Phil Endecott wrote:
> Phil Endecott <spam_from_debian_arm <at> chezphil.org> writes:
> > Does anyone here have an ODROID-C2?  Anyone running Debian on it?
>
> Wouldn't it be great if I could tftp a debian installer from u-boot and
> have it all just work :-(.  Is this *ever* going to happen for ARM
> systems?
>
> It looks like I have a choice of three "not quite Debian" images to
> choose from:
>
> Armbian:
> http://www.armbian.com/odroid-c2/
>
> Odrobian:
> http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=18771
>
> A "very miniml Debian Jesse":
> http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=19403
>
> It interests me to speculate as to why, at both a technical and an
> organisational level, these people are doing their own things, rather
> than making "real" Debian work on this board.  Are any of the
> people involved in this even reading this list?
>
> Anyway, I will probably try Odrobian unless anyone here has any
> other suggestions.  Wish me luck!

I don't know for ODROID but for different ARM machines I usually create
(on the host) filesystem with debootstrap, compile u-boot and kernel,
flash u-boot to card, copy created filesystem and kernel/modules to card,
tweak all that a bit and boot.
That way I have four different ARM machines/system (TF101, BananaPi,
Lamobo RP1, Samsung Chromebook) with Debian on them.