Re: Cubox-i 4x4 RAM [was Re: Performance of armhf boards]

Hello,

On 10/05/2016 10:54 PM, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> I believe it actually requires u-boot to initialize ram timings and
> various other parameters. You can trick the kernel into using more

Right, the kernel expects the boot loader to initialize RAM. I don't
know about u-boot, but barebox edits the dtb that is passed to the
kernel on the fly to contain the right description for all RAM it
initialized.

> It would of course be useful to experiment with alternative methods, but
> my guess is getting proper patches into u-boot may likely be the
> simplest approach. It just takes some work.

So another not too hard possibility is to port barebox to your board :-)
(This should really be easy, the i.MX6 is well supported in barebox, and
because barebox probes itself from a device tree that already exists it
should be really easy.)

Best regards
Uwe