Re: Porter roll call for Debian Stretch

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 10:05:06PM +0200, niels@thykier.net wrote:

> * Which architectures are you committing to be an active porter for?
> * Please describe recent relevant porter contributions.
> * Are you running/using Debian testing or sid on said port(s)?
> * Are you testing/patching d-i for the port(s)?
> * If we were to enable -fPIE/-pie by default in GCC-6, should that change
>   also apply to this port? [0]
>
>Feel free to use the following template as your reply:

Hi Niels,

I'm a porter for armel, armhf and arm64.

For all 3 architectures, I host and maintain buildds, work on d-i and
installation support, work on core arch-specific things like toolchain
and glibc and I triage and fix other bugs.

I'm a DD.

In terms of -fPIE/-pie, I'm happt that we are ready to enable by
default. I've checked with the gcc maintainers in ARM too, and the
worst effect we expect is a small performance impact. If anything more
crops up, we have expert help available.

"Because heaters aren't purple!" -- Catherine Pitt