Re: Thinking about a "jessie and a half" release

On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 07:05:42PM +0200, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-07-04 at 14:01 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> > A lot of arm64 machine users would benefit from this, and maybe owners
> > of very recent amd64 machines too, with better support for things on
> > the Skylake platform. Those are the only two architectures I'm
> > thinking of supporting at this point.

> > Is anybody else interested in helping? Thoughts/comments?

> When do you anticipate this would be releasable?  Would it really be
> long enough before stretch, to be worthwhile?

We're getting to the point where there's a fairly pressing need for
arm64 - the more useful hardware is starting to get a wider distribution
and we don't really have anything for people who want to run Debian
that gets them a supported system with an upgrade path.