 Subject: Re: [Stretch] Status for architecture qualification
 To: "Hector Oron" <hector.oron@gmail.com>
 Cc: "Niels Thykier" <niels@thykier.net>, "DSA" <debian-admin@lists.debian.org>, "Debian Security Team" <team@security.debian.org>, "debian-release" <debian-release@lists.debian.org>, debian-ports@lists.debian.org, "Debian Wanna-Build Team" <debian-wb-team@lists.debian.org>, riku@debian.org
 Date: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 12:04 AM

 Hi Hector,

 On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 2:12
 AM, Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com>
 wrote:
 [...]
 > While
 working out ArchitectureQualification/Stretch wiki page I
 > believe everything is mostly fine for
 release, however I got a
 > personal
 concern on powerpc architecture. Is it well maintained?
 Does
 > it have porters? Does it have
 users? Does it still make sense to carry
 > along?
 [...]

 The debian-powerpc@l.d.o
 mailing list is active so I would say it
 still has some users. I have been using
 partch.d.o for doing some work
 on PowerPC. I
 posted a summary of work people have been doing on this
 port lately:

 https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2016/06/msg00046.html

 However I do agree that true
 PowerPC hardware is actually
 disappearing,
 and it is alive mostly thanks to being an ABI using
 32bits integer for PPC64 CPU(s).

 -M