Cubieboard5 with debian

Hi.

I'm using cubie2 with Jessie for a while, it works nicely.  However on
the newest cubieboard (cubie5/cubietruck plus) I could not managed to
install Debian.

 - Jessie's u-boot doesn't support this board, experimental has the
code, but (at the time i tried last month) wasn't installed. Rebuilt the
package after adding one line to the debian/targets file, so I got the
u-boot image.
 - compiled the dts file from device-rebasing
 - copied the kernel, initrd bootscript from hd-media
 - attached serial console.

Result: after "Starting debian kernel" u-boot message no further output.
Changing to Stretch kernel, the debian installer starts, asks language,
keyboard layout, then starts looking for the iso image, this is where
things goes wrong. It doesn't matter if I plug it in on an USB stick, or
copy to the SD card,  the installer doesn't finds it. Then I chose to
drop me to shell.  When i plug in the USB stick, no new dmesg line.
blkid returns empty response. No /dev/sd* nor /dev/mmcblk* found.

Has anybody got tips to make it work?

Thanks,
Dancsa