Re: Performance of armhf boards

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016, at 06:36 PM, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was wondering what is the performance of various armhf boards, for
> package building.
> cbxi4a-armhf-rb.debian.net            1996        2365        # 4x,4G;
> Cubox-i4x4
> cbxi4pro0-armhf-rb.debian.net         1973        2743        # 4x,2G;
> CuBox-i4Pro
> I don't know whether to believe these figures yet!
>
>   * cbxi4a/b seem no faster than cbxi4pro0 despite twice the RAM?
>   * ff2a/b show USB3 SSD to be no faster than USB2?
> Corrections/suggestions are welcome.

One personal experience that may be relevant:

I ordered a Cubox-i4x4 from NewEgg a few months ago.  When it arrived it
was clearly marked as a 4x4, and in the original shrink-wrap, But it
only had 2GB of RAM.  I notified NewEgg and they tested one of the other
one's of that batch they had in stock.  Surprise!  It also had only 2GB
RAM...  They gave me a rebate of the difference in price between the
i4-Pro and the 4x4 and we considered the matter closed.

But it might be worth checking, anyway.

Also, as for the (lack of) difference between USB2 and USB3 disks, the
Cubox boards all have Gbit Ethernet ports, but they are limited to
480Mbit actual throughput rate.  I assume this is because the SoC
handles everything thru a USB2 driver circuit, though I'm not privy to
any actual design information.  You may be seeing a similar thing here.

Just my two cents.
Rick