Re: a Debian executable on Android

I've truncated the references.  They can always be traced in the index page.

From: Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 14:01:47 +0800
> ... each device vendor had their own boot mechanisms. More recently UEFI/ACPI
> have emerged as the standard boot mechanism for ARM servers so we may
> see that on mobile too at some point. At the same time, mobile devices
> have a life span of a couple of years due to the way people get them
> on phone network contracts. ...

In summary, a moving target of proprietary hardware can
not be tracked effectively by a community of volunteers,
enthusiastic and energetic as they are.  A necessary
condition for the communal approach is a relatively stable
open hardware specification.  Some years hence, an ISO
standard handy or tablet might be possible.  Probably cell
support should be ignored until significant progress with
the "carrier contract" problem.

No thoughts about the original topic?  More specifically,
"... installation of debian armel or armhf or arm64 or
similar, using one of the apps, "Linux Deploy" and "Complete
Linux Installer"."

Regards,                 ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202