Re: a Debian executable on Android

I haven't looked into it far enough, but why can't Linux use Android's
device drivers that already exist?  Do the hardware manufacturers own
them?  It doesn't seem like it should be that different from a video
card or a network card driver.  Google claims most of Android is open
source.  The pace may be a bit much, phones come on the market and
become obsolete much quicker than other hardware.  As I type into my
14 year old desktop...

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX