Re: a Debian executable on Android

Am Donnerstag, den 07.04.2016, 19:04 +1000 schrieb Andrew McGlashan:

> Given the security [or lack thereof, in reality] of both iOS and
> Android, I would rather have Debian directly on a mobile.

Well, there's the Ubuntu Phone, not pure Debian, but probably the
closest you can get on current hardware without rooting a device:

https://store.bq.com/en/ubuntu-edition-e5/

and a Tablet is also coming:

http://www.bq.com/es/aquaris-m10-ubuntu-edition

I don't know how much this is locked down though, and whether it would
be possible to replace Ubuntu easily -  i.e. what "added value" is
provided by Canonical.

Best,
Gert