Re: [Reproducible-builds] Raspi 3 suitable for arm64?

W dniu 07.03.2016 o 08:46, Wookey pisze:
+++ Andrew M.A. Cater [2016-03-06 17:40 +0000]:

Server boards still hard to find. Pretty much nothing has good SATA support.
RPi 3 doesn't have the firmware currently to play aarch64 so is being used
as a 32 bit processor.

This was announced today:
Lemaker Cello, which is a dev board with proper ethernet and sata and 8GB RAM in an sodimm
http://www.lenovator.com/product/103.html
Much more suitable as a buildd than a PI with USB ethernet and 1GB RAM.

There are two sodimm sockets and you should be able to fit 32GB of ram (or more if know where to buy bigger sticks).

The SOC is already upstreamed and firmware UEFI so it should be painless to use.

SBSA/SBBR compliant so Debian should just works.

Also of note, the arm64 boards *could* be used to test arm64, armhf or
armel.

In principle yes, but in practice armel on arm64 is problematic as it
uses some instructions removed in v8. You need a new-enough kernel to
have the necessary trapping/emulation to avoid some things just aborting.

32-bit armhf works great in virtual machine on 64-bit aarch64. I do all my armhf development that way.