Re: bananaPro | debian jessie doesn't boot; trying to establish a serial connection
Also switching RX and TX doesn't make any difference.
thanks btw. for the screen tip - its much simpler.
On 02/11/2016 09:54 PM, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
On 2016-02-11, toogley wrote:
i have a Banana Pro which i want to boot a debian jessie from. I know
HDMI doesn't work, so I want to have a serial connection for configuring
4. My Banana Pro has three pins in the corner of the LAN Port. I've
Pins accoring that http://wiki.lemaker.org/File:USBpl2303.jpg
--> GND; white --> RX; Green --> TX; leaving the red one out) and
I can't count the number of times I've accidentally switched Rx and Tx,
so simply switching them to be sure has worked for me often
enough. Working with many different boards, the order of which is which
is hard to keep straight...
5. i've set up my minicom like here
- Serial Device to /dev/ttySzero
- Bps 9600 BN1
- modem init and reset strings are already removed
6. only the red power lamp is on and minicom says 'offline'
I'd also recommend trying screen:
screen /dev/ttyS0 115200
Works with most of the boards I use, and doesn't require configuration.