Re: SS4000E - partitions restoration [was: Re: SS4000E install problem]

Hi Craig,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 05:09:50PM -0500, craig guest wrote:

> Thank you for your help so far. I do not have a copy of the original
> boot cd, never did. I am not sure if it would work because the
> rammode partition is not there and that is what brings up the
> network I believe. If someone has the original cd I'd love to give
> it a try.

Wait... It's still worse than I thought :-(

Contrary to my belief, I still have the CDs, and I'm obviously ok to
upload you the images somewhere, but I think it will be of no avail :
it serve to boot *another* computer and recover only clients disks
images stored on the Nas with the Intel software, not the Nas itself
as I can see...

I've emailed you the link to the manual (on weTransfer), so you can
see by yourself if there is an oversight from myself, but...

(Feel free to ask images if you see something which escape me.)

> I cannot perform any commands on this box except the default redboot
> commands, as the only way to communicate with it is serial comm.

Files can be uploaded with {X,Y,Z}modem protocol, IIRC...

> I think I could restore the files if I knew the correlation between
> the block number name and the partition name.

Exactly the problem, yes, but here I've not access to RedBoot while
the Nas is running, so I can't figure out how to help, providing we
find the right place for the partitions...

Hih,

--

JFS.