Re: things to do (WAS: arm64, ppc64el, mips64el: please provide ready-to-use VM images)

Hello, everybody

thanks for the responses!

Looking at the list of Important Bugs with Patches for the arm64 archtecture,
let's say we pick one like this that is for nautilus-share package:

It would help if I can setup the qemu, download the package source code, apply the patch, test if it works (how?) and post the results back on bugzilla ?

Kind regards,
Daniel

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:
+++ Edmund Grimley Evans [2015-11-10 10:08 +0000]:

> Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Looking through the 'Auto-not-for-us' list:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=arm64&suite=sid
might well reveal things that are not being built on arm64 for no good reason other than inertia.

Some will be genuinely x86 (or other arch)-specific, but I expect
quite a few just need their arch lists updating, so we at least get build attempts, even if things are actually broken for some reason.

This list shows a pile of general arm64/arch-update bugs that still need uploading or fixing:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-arm@lists.debian.org;tag=arm64

Quite a few of those (49) have a patch available.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Linaro, Debian, Wookware, ARM
http://wookware.org/