arm64, ppc64el, mips64el: please provide ready-to-use VM images

Hello,

this is my first email to this list and I am here mainly because
 Linaro recently launched a "port & enhance" contest to port several free softwares to the arm64 platform.
The list is at:
http://performance.linaro.org/find/

They also compiled a tutorial, how to, or getting started guide to test things on arm64 using qemu:
http://performance.linaro.org/setup/

I've followed the instructions there (and in the linked documentations as well) and have succesfully setup an environment with ruby and irb that seems to be working, altough i've not executed any automated tests (just opened up irb and did a 2+2 test).

Since that list from Linaro seems a little outdated (it mentions ruby 1.9.1),
and very different from the one on the debian arm64 blockers from last month (https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2015/11/msg00006.html)
i would like to get another view on how things are going and if could help with something.

Kind regards,
Daniel