Re: help? efivar 0.20-3 fails to build on arm64

On Fri, 2015-06-26 at 17:01 -0400, Peter Jones wrote:

> *ahem*,
> https://github.com/rhinstaller/efivar/commit/510b861012c111a362aa4c3da6ba408f2d78aaca

:) Thanks

> By not distributing it in Fedora, so far.  We've been looking at
> options, and it's worth noting that there *is* a Free-as-in-Freedom FAT
> driver ( https://github.com/pbatard/efifs ), but it's derived from grub
> code that's GPLv3, and that makes for some interesting legal questions
> as well since in at least some of the ovmf/aavmf builds we want Secure
> Boot enabled, and absent a whole lot of work that means linking openssl
> in.  I'm not even going to get in to thinking about which work is
> derivative of which between linking those three trees together.

Here is another possible option:

http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html

Unfortunately the author attempted to make a 1-clause BSD license but
ended up creating a license without a clear grant of software freedom.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise