Re: Installing Jessie on Mustang from hard drive

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 06:21:31PM +0900, Itaru Kitayama wrote:
>Hi,
>Has anyone actually succeeded in installing Jessie on Mustang with UEFI from
>hard drive?
>
>Simply expanding the daily netboot archive under the /boot/efi and boot from
>the UEFI shell just gets me to grub prompt without menu.
>
>I believe using an USB stick should work, but I am trying to pursue the
>alternative method.

Well, the USB stick method didn't work as well as hoped due to lack of
kernel USB support for Mustang in Jessie. I'm working on that and I
have a new installation image available for people to test with
now. See

  http://blog.einval.com/2015/05/19#mustang_installer

for more details.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.