Re: Which version of uboot to use when upgrading an old sheevaplug preparing to install Jessie/Wheezy

* Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> [2015-05-11 00:42]:
>     http://cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/uboot-upgrade/
> you recommend updating uboot before doing the install.  You give a
> link to version 2011.12-3, but looking at the referenced website, it
> seems that there are later versions of uboot available for the
> Sheevaplug.  Is it safe to use the latest version (seems to be
> 2014.10+dfsg1-4), or will I brick my plug by trying to use it to
> install wheezy/jessie?

I now longer have a SheevaPlug, so I cannot test u-boot upgrades.  I
merely unpack the .deb package to make it easier to get the binary.
(I noticed that u-boot binaries are provided for some ARM machines as
part of Debian installer; I like this idea and think we should do the
same for Kirkwood.)

If someone can try the u-boot binary from
https://people.debian.org/~tbm/u-boot/2014.10+dfsg1-4/ and tell me
whether it works I'd appreciate it.  Make sure you know how to use
OpenOCD if you have to recover.

I see the filesize of the u-boot binary has changed.

My instructions currently say:

nand erase 0x0 0x60000
nand write 0x0800000 0x0 0x60000

0x60000 should be 0x70000 now.