Upgrade Report: wheezy -> jessie on Sheevaplug

Hello everyone,

after the upgrade to jessie on my Qnap NAS worked so well yesterday
(thanks again to Arjen for trying it first), I thought I would try the
upgrade on my Sheevaplug today.

I am using the eSata-model with an SD-card for the Debian installation,
the device was previously installed with the Debian installer from wheezy.

There were a few minor issues but these were not specific to the device
but rather to the configuration of my installation:

- meta-package linux-image-kirkwood wasn't installed, so the kernel
wasn't upgraded automatically
- the upgrade was aborted at one point because I had some manually
created kernel images in /boot, continued without issues after I removed
them
- My apache configuration had to be adapted to work with version 2.4

After I read the questions regarding u-boot and devicetree on this list
earlier, my biggest concern was that the new kernel wouldn't boot
without an u-boot upgrade or some black u-boot magic. So I made a backup
of the uImage and uInitrd files of the wheezy kernel just in case.
However it seems that the dtb file is automatically detected and
appended to the kernel image before creating the new uImage file, the
device booted the new kernel without any issues and without needing
changes to the u-boot configuration.

So that's another arm(el) device hapily running with jessie. I want to
thank all of you who help maintaining support for all those arm devices
and make Debian as awesome as it is.

regards,
Helmut