Re: Upgrade report: Wheezy -> Jessie on TS-419P+ and TS-212P

On 09/05/15 14:15, Hoshpak wrote:
Am 09.05.2015 um 15:16 schrieb Arjen Meek:
I was recently investigating whether it was safe to upgrade several QNAP
NAS units to Jessie. Unfortunately, I found very little info on this
and what I did find suggested there might be problems, in particular an
unanswered post to this list made on april 5th:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2015/04/msg00032.html

I decided to post here about my experiences in order to provide some
useful information to others considering upgrading Debian on their QNAP
NASes.

In short, it would appear to me that the Wheezy -> Jessie upgrade is
safe for these units in general, and any possible remaining problems
would have to be due to configuration specifics.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I was still
hesitating to upgrade my TS 219 PII since I had to reinstall it the last
time after a failed upgrade from squeeze to wheezy. I finally upgraded
it after reading your post and the upgrade went through without any
problems on my device as well.

Now I have only two devices (Sheevaplug and Raspberry Pi) with wheezy
left but I will take care of that on another day.

regards,
Helmut

dist-upgrade works very nicely on the RPi. I've upgraded 2 with Raspbian and one with Minibian. One more to go. Piece of cake.

:-D

--
Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense it that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>