Re: Jessie Installation guide for Mustang arm64

+++ Marcin Juszkiewicz [2015-04-22 09:27 +0200]:
> W dniu 22.04.2015 o 07:07, Itaru Kitayama pisze:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Can someone point me to a draft of the Jessie installation manual for
> >arm64?
> >I have a Mustang machine that came with the UEFI.
>
> Not tested instruction:
>
> Take USB pendrive (64MB or bigger).
> Grab netboot.tar.gz [1].
> Create GPT partition type 0xfe00 (EFI System partition) on pendrive
> and format it as vfat.
> Unpack netboot.tar.gz into pendrive
> umount
> Put pendrive into Mustang USB port
> Boot into UEFI Shell
> Check list of filesystems for USB entry (assume FS0)
> Run FS0:\daily-installer\amd64\bootnetaa64.efi (tab completion helps)
> Install Debian
>
> Debian will not see USB but UEFI does.

Aha. That makes things a lot easier. So installation (with UEFI)
should be simple. But I don't think the uboot-equipped machines can
see the USB can they? So that's still a bit fiddly. (Have to copy a
kernel+initrd+dtb onto the machine somehow to initially boot)

Wookey
http://wookware.org/