Re: qtxmlpatterns builds fail on arm64 buildds but not on porter boxes

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 03:23:43PM +0300, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
>Dear arm64 buildd admins,
>
>For some reason my package qtxmlpatterns-opensource-src started failing to
>build on arm64 buildds (arm-linaro-01, arm-linaro-03 and arm-arm-01) in
>experimental [1].
>
>It fails in a test that involves some IO actions (such as reading from a file).
>
>However, I can successfully build the package on turfan.debian.net and
>asachi.debian.org. Also, the same package version successfully built on
>one of Canonical's builders (beebe).
>
>Do you know what can cause this?
>
>[1]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=qtxmlpatterns-opensource-src&arch=arm64

Hi Dmitry,

Is there anything special about how this is done in terms of timing
etc.? The buildds are set up to use tmpfs for builds, which can throw
things that make assumptions about filesystem behaviour.

"Because heaters aren't purple!" -- Catherine Pitt