Re: new old user

re: new old user

FSO yes, very little of it worked for me but it looked promising.
Nasty crashes occasionally as I recall.

The problem with Sven Ola's Debian Kit is that it seems to be
abandoned, or maybe he just gave up the domain name.  There was the
website and a small repository of debs.  I have
andromize_0.2-3_all.deb and andromize-lxde_0.2-1_all.deb from there, I
don't know what else he might have had.  Also
org.dyndns.sven_ola.debian_kit_5.apk and debian-kit-1-5.shar.  The apk
mostly seems to run some checks on whether you're ready/eligible to
install and provides install instructions.  The shar file has some
binaries, scripts, and a debootstrap.  The andromize debs I'm not sure
what they do.

Somebody started a github project at https://github.com/S0AndS0/Debian-Kit-Mods

I remember you had to modify a script in 2 places to pull the current
Debian version because it was old, I mentioned that in a post to the
f-droid forums which I can't get to right now.

I'm fumbling through the install now.  The shar file tries to call sed
in a few places and that fails.  It has a busybox in it but I may have
already had one from somewhere else installed last time because I
don't remember this problem.  The Android chmod doesn't do much useful
either.

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX