Re: [racket-dev] racket 6.3 build failures on armel

At Fri, 11 Dec 2015 14:50:52 -0400, David Bremner wrote:
> David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:
>
> > A helpful sysadmin (hi pabs!) ran the command on the autobuilder as well,
> and got
> > _almost_ the same output.
> >
> > It most likely is significant that the gcc version is different. I'll
> > try upgrading the porterbox chroot and see if it duplicates the
> > autobuilder failure.
> >

> I managed this earlier than expected, and indeed I can confirm the jit
> buffer overflow in racketcgc is repeatable on the porterbox (even the
> address that triggers the error is the same) in my experiments.
>
> So in principle I could run racketcgc under gdb, if it would help.

That's great news, since I haven't made any progress in my attempts.

Can you try changing, in "jit.h" around line 1324

 #define PAST_LIMIT() ....
 #define CHECK_LIMIT() ....
 #if 1

 #define PAST_LIMIT() ....
 #define CHECK_LIMIT() ....
 #if 0

?

Hopefully, the crash will then provide more useful information.