Re: SS4000E - partitions restoration [was: Re: SS4000E install problem]

Hi all

I had a chance to play some more with this unit again last night. I was able to successfully restore all partitions but one, partition 8 vendor. From what I have learned this is the file system. It kept failing during the y modem transfer. I managed to get debian installed on it and have it auto start. It seems top be functioning well. Running squeeze

Is it possible to restore the original firmware from debian and if so how?I just want to see if it would restore the missing partition.

I saw earlier in the thread about getting Jessie installed. Is it possible and how?

Also now that I have debian installed is it possible to restore the partition from it and what might the command be.

Thanx in advance for all the super support. It's nice to see this thing come back to life.

Craig

Hi Jfs, Bob

I believe that what Bob has suggested is working. I have not restored the vendor partition yet. I ran out of time. I think the vendor is the file system. It partially boots abs then kernel panic sets in which is more than it has done in a long time. I have been writing notes as I go through this in case it happens to someone else. I'll let you know tonight if a copy of your backups is beneficial.

You guys are awesome

Craig