Re: Brief report: QNAP TS-212P with linux-image-kirkwood 4.0.0-2

On Tue, 2015-07-07 at 23:17 +0200, JM wrote:

> On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 2:14 PM, JM <fijam@archlinux.us> wrote:
>         * qcontrol service does not start. This appears to be due to
>         the fact that qcontrol expects a symlink
>         "platform-gpio-keys-event" in /dev/input/by-path, while with
>         the 4.0 kernel it's called "platform-gpio_keys-event" instead.
[...]
> The qcontrol bug is still present in testing with the 4.0 kernel from
> unstable.
[...]
> Should I file a bug for it?

Sorry, this fell through the cracks, I've just uploaded a version
(0.5.4-4) of qcontrol which looks for both names, so no need for a bug
report any more.

>  Against what, linux for renaming gpio-keys to gpio_keys or qcontrol
> for not catching up?

Upstream knew about this since I reported it to them at one point during
the transition to DTB, but no one was quite sure how to cause it to
change back when using DTB.

There are probably enough kernels in the wild with each behaviour that
qcontrol will have to cope with both whatever happens.

Ian.