Re: RAID installation (Kirkwood) QNAP TS-420U

Am 30.06.2015 21:45, schrieb Martin Michlmayr:
* Peter Nagel <peter.nagel@kit.edu> [2015-06-30 18:28]:
I was looking into the logfiles and found some errors within syslog (see
below) which might explain the behavior.
However, I have no idea how to solve this problem.
Any suggestions how to continue?
A recent thread on the QNAP forum about the same problem suggests that
running
    udevadm trigger
before or during base-install helps.

I've yet to look at the real problem.  I noticed that the other users
had some partman errors in their syslog but I'm not sure it's related.
If you still have your syslog, can you email it to me (not the list).

As suggested I used the command 'udevadm trigger' before base-install ...
(see http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=111076)
... and the installation has been completed (without problems) - after reboot the new system has started as expected.

However, when I shutdown the system and remove any (active) harddisk (from the RAID1) the system has problems to boot again (see bootlog):
Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... Begin: Assembling all MD arrays ... Failure: failed to assemble all arrays.
done.
done.
Begin: Running /scripts/local-premount ... [   24.718871] PM: Starting manual resume from disk
done.
Begin: Waiting for root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done.
Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done.
Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done.
done.
Gave up waiting for root device.  Common problems:
 - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
   - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)
   - Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?)
 - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
ALERT!  /dev/disk/by-uuid/61f390f9-c1db-4fbe-acd7-dd61bbcaeeca does not exist.  Dropping to a shell!
For comparision I've done the same kind of installation with oldstable (=wheezy) which is able to boot without problems even though two (out of three) active disks are missing.
Against this background the Jessy installation still seems to have some problems.