Re: "Expanding" memory of an armel device?

On 26/02/15 13:29, Paul Wise wrote:
There appear to be PCIe SSDs but I and others couldn't find any PCIe
RAM,
People have successfully set up swap on graphics cards in the past, I don't know how feasible that is with modern cards though (I guess they are now using a windowing system or so to avoid taking up too much address space).

there appears to be a gap in the market.

You can get FPGAs with PCIe and memory interfaces and i'm sure you could program one to make the memory visible on the PCIe bus but the cost would be dispropotionate to the benefit. To do this efficiently would really need a dedicated "PCIe to DDR3" chip and I don't think there is enough of a market to support that.