Re: QNAP 219 P II, Luks, Debian

On 30/08/14 14:38, Li, Peng wrote:
HI Tim,

Can you elaborate a bit? After installion, I didn't put these in myself.
How do it do it?

If you can get a console on the device then hand boot it with the correct root= setting, let the system boot and then run:

update-initramfs -k all -u

And then repeat the install process for the kernel and initramfs to the internal flash. Sorry I don't know the exact details for the flashkernel tool.

Was it supposed to be done by installer correctlying point correct root
device?

Either the installer or update-initramfs will look at the current system setup and then build a suitable ramdisk.

--
Tim Fletcher <tim@night-shade.org.uk>