Re: arm64 port blocking packages - help welcome

Hi Wookey,

Wookey wrote:
> * qt4-x11
>
>  DebianBug:#735488 This one needs actual work. The existing patches
>  are basically fine except for one bit that turns -fpermissive on in
>  order to get round some casting complaints and make it build. Needs
>  someone with some C++ foo to work out what's actually wrong and fix
>  it properly: -fpermissive is not acceptable to the maintainers.

I've looked at the bug.  Based on the last few comments there, maybe you
have now fixed this?

Anyway, from the log that you attached, it looks like much stuff in JSValue.h
is conditional depending on #if USE(JSVALUE32_64). It seems to be
compiling the 32-bit version.  Certainly -fpermissive won't work.  It
should be using JSVALUE64. The code that detects the architecture
and defines JSValue* is in wtf/Platform.h.

HTH

Phil.