Re: Installability of desktops on arm64

Wookey wrote:
+++ peter green [2014-07-19 19:59 +0100]:
I decided to take a look at what desktops/windows managers were/were
not installable on arm64. Results

mate-desktop-environment: took some pushing but is now installable.

lxde: blocked by
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=753778 , appears
to be some sort of race condition in the "install" second of the libfm build process.

I rebuilt this package and it created itself correctly this time. If
it a race issue then this does not mean the problem is fixed. It does
mean that lxde should be buildable now?
Lxde is now installable.
kde-plasma-desktop: blocked by kdepimlibs build failure
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=746864 , there is
a patch in the bug report but it's not clear to me if it's a
complete fix or not (in particular it doesn't seem to do anything to
address the "Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/bin/dh_makeshlibs line 251." messages, only fix up the list of
symbols. Not sure if those errors are related to the symbols list,
are non-fatal or what
That bug was fixed but kde was then blocked by cln. I uploaded a fix for that (based on a ubuntu patch) to unreleased and filed a bug in debian last night.

Currently the depchain is leading through kde-workspace to libqualculate (which is now in needs-build), we will have to see if they build successfully and if so whether there are any other blockers.