Re: Installability of desktops on arm64

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 08:07:57AM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> And I would actually be surprised it would work without porting the arm32
> (and ABI-specific, calling conventions, etc.) code to also work with amd64.
[...]
> See apt-get source libreoffice, bridges/source/cpp_uno/gcc3_linux_arm.

Given arm64 probably won't be in jessie there's no time pressure, is there?

That said, if you wanted to work on this, don't try with the dead-end
(enf of upstream support in this years November[1]) but with 4.3.x. (or best
even with upstream master which will become 4.4, but we canbackport it if
needed). 4.3 is what I *do* plan for jessie and 4.4 will be the one after
jessie.

So even if arm64 was added in 4.3 packages now in Architecture: (assuming it
works, see my previous reply) it probably won't appear anywhere.

And note that for LO 4.3, you didn't even build the Build-Depends: yet, e.g.
http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=librevenge&suite=experimental and the stack after it and http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=libixion%2Cliborcus&suite=experimental...

Regards,

Rene

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/4.2