Re: Installability of desktops on arm64

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 07:59:11PM +0100, peter green wrote:
> gnome: in addition to other problems mentioned above blocked by
> missing libreoffice. Debian libreoffice package doesn't even try to
> build on arm64 (not in architecture list afaict). Ubuntu has
> libreoffice on arm64 but their versions have been out of sync with
> debian for some time.

It does? Where?

http://packages.ubuntu.com/utopic/libreoffice-core and neither
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice do show _any_ sign of
arm64. Just armhf.

And I would actually be surprised it would work without porting the arm32
(and ABI-specific, calling conventions, etc.) code to also work with amd64.

See apt-get source libreoffice, bridges/source/cpp_uno/gcc3_linux_arm.

(That's why LO is restricted in architectures to those who are ported.)

Regards,

Rene